Etymologically the word ‘self defence’ means the total of techniques and methods that somebody uses when facing a danger or threat.
Whatever energies somebody uses must be according to Law and the current time.
Subject of Self Defence is the link that unites all the Martial Arts, as the main goal of any style of Martial Arts is practice and Self Defence.
The main characteristic of the Self Defence are the following:
1. A Self Defence priority – methods and tactics, and only then techniques
2. Self Defence has no rules
3. All tactics and applying techniques in self defence situations must be within the law
4. In Self Defence situations very important is the psychological aspect
5. In Self Defence every practice must include realistic scenarios
However, it is almost impossible to practice in a fully realistic base, since every self defence situation involves special characteristics and unexpected factors.
Therefore ISDO, through its programs and championships, aims to simulate the realistic situations as much as possible.
ISDO fighting styles make all possible efforts to prepare the practitioner psychologically and physically to use Self Defence in the realistic situations.